Thursday, October 21, 2010

Riding Into Town ....

Benny and I rode into town. Had two doctor appointments. Then we went to the flower garden across from the McHenry Mansion to rest a bit. On our way home, we got separated. I was chatting with an old friend. I thought I could find a short cut to catch up with Benny, but got stuck at the railroad tracks. Rather than turn around and go back, I decided to cross the tracks and see if I could find a short cut.

While riding along side the tracks, I noticed several railroad spikes. I wanted to pick them up, but decided I'd come back another day. As I continued riding, I noticed more spikes, then more and more .... They were all over the place! So, I parked my bicycle, walked up and down the tracks for about a mile, and collected around 40 railroad spikes and some broken pieces of track, and I think what looks like a brake pad from a train!

No comments:

Post a Comment