Friday, October 10, 2014

Surly Long Haul Trucker Update

It's been too long since I last posted in my cycling blog. I gave up driving completely around six years ago. Been riding my Surly Long Haul Trucker for about 5 1/2 years now. Rode my Electra Townie for about one year, before I invested in my Surly Long Haul Trucker.


The above picture shows some recent changes I have made to my Surly Long Haul Trucker. I removed my four Ortlieb Panniers. I still have my Surly Nice Front and Rear Racks, which allow me to attach various types of bags. I have my Carradice Long Flap Saddlebag on the right rear. I added a board > 7 1/2 inches wide, by 18 inches long, secured with five tiny bungees. So far, the board is holding tight.

This pic shows my Surly Long Haul Trucker loaded to the hilt with around $300.00 worth of food from WINCO ... !!! I have four Ortlieb Panniers attached to Surly Nice Racks. Arkel Large Handlebar Bag. Carradice Long Flap Saddlebag in the rear (green canvas), with an old Dufflebag, four water bottle cages.

No comments:

Post a Comment