Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bad News - My New LHT Rear-ended!!!

Really bad news ... I had just left the bike shop, on my way to the sporting goods to see if they had some cycling gloves that would fit me. Had rode my LHT about two miles, and a car rear-ended me! I almost crashed ... don't know how I managed to stay up!

I noticed instantly that the rear wheel wouldn't turn, and thought the bike was trashed. The young lady (19 years old) was totally freaking out ....

After we exchanged information, the lady wanted to pay for the damage, rather than go through the insurance. One of the witnesses was nice enough to help me out. He put my bike in the back of his pick-up, tied it up real good.

Took me to the bike shop. We waited for the lady. The mechanic said that the only damage is the rear wheel. So they ordered a new wheel, and the lady paid for everything.

I'm really bummed out, and afraid to ride anymore .... I had my Real Lite on, pedaling about 15mph, in the center of the right lane. It had just started to rain, and the young girl was following me too close, then slammed on her brakes, and went sliding out of control.

I just hope I don't have any more close calls! That was too close!

No comments:

Post a Comment