Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dry Creek - Riding With Friends ...

Our first ride for today was to Wal-Mart. Had to pick up Dara's pictures for his school project, then get some medicine and water. Total ride was 6.266 miles.

Today Dara and I rode into town to meet up with our friends, Don and his two kids, Donnie and Athena. We rested for a bit and finished eating our sandwiches, then the five of us rode over to the Dry Creek Trail.

Here is a picture Dara took of me with the huge great dane!

I was riding my old mountain bike and Dara rode my Electra Townie, which will soon be his bike. I tested out my mountain bike on lots of dirt trails. Some were a bit difficult, but somehow I managed to keep control of the bike.

I haven't had so much fun riding bikes in many years! We all rode to the end of the trail, which is 4.5 miles each way. There were lots of people riding the trails, jogging, lots of kids and adults, dogs, people playing golf and frisbee golf.

Total for the day was 24.672 miles, 3 hours and 2 minutes, 840 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment