Friday, March 27, 2009

Weather Is Warming Up ...

The weather is warming up, as usual for this time of year. When I rode into town after work, it was 88 degrees! We turned our air on for a bit today. I showed up for the Critical Mass meet, but nobody else was there. I waited and rode around for about 30 minutes, but still nobody else showed up.

As I was riding back home, I stopped and talked with a couple of guys standing outside the Spanish AA building. The older guy has 21 years clean and sober time! We had a nice long chat for about 45 minutes.

Yesterday when I rode across the Lion Bridge I decided to ride on the road instead of the sidewalk. So I watched for a clearing in traffic and pedaled hard. Made it a little over 25mph, but as usual, somebody caught up with me and tailgated me. The speed limit is 25mph, but most people drive around 35mph, or even faster over the bridge. There was nowhere to go, so I just kept pedaling as fast as I could.

I've been doing a little better with sprinting. Today I stuck to the sidewalk as usual. Total mileage for today = 17.64 miles, time = 1 hour, 55 min., calories burned = 578

No comments:

Post a Comment